North Shore Community Action Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NSCAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, ancestry, marital status, source of income, veteran history/military status, or genetic information.
We offer a great working environment that recognizes that our employees are our greatest assets. If you enjoy working as a team to help low-income families achieve self-sufficiency, then please send us your resume.
We offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees which includes health care, life insurance and sick/vacation/holiday pay.
Home Energy Inspector
We are currently seeking a Home Energy Inspector for our Energy Conservation Programs. Candidates will be responsible for all technical aspects of our programs and quality service to our clients.
- Perform home energy inspections, which include client education, health and safety testing, electric usage surveys, and an estimate of energy conservation measures to be performed
- Test for efficiency of refrigerators
- Install LED light bulbs
- Write weatherization building assessments and work orders
- Inspect heating systems through technical evaluation
- Perform heat loss calculations
- Inspect weatherization work in process and provide technical advice and consultation to contractors
- Perform quality control inspections of completed weatherization and heating system work to insure uniformity with program specifications
- Other projects as needed
- High school diploma
- Related experience preferred
- Massachusetts driver’s license required
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Ability to measure dimensions of residential spaces, perform calculations, and assimilate complex regulations and procedures
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, participating agencies, and the general public
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office Word and MS Office Excel
- Building Performance Institute certification as a Building Analyst Professional a plus
- Massachusetts DHCD Energy Auditor certification a plus
Interested applicants may call Chuck Gallant 978-531-0767 x119 , email firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at North Shore Community Action Programs, 119 Rear Foster St., Building 13, Peabody, MA.
Personal Care Assistants (Part-Time & Full-Time)
Our Elder Home Care program has an immediate opening for Personal Homemakers/HHA. Portuguese and Spanish speakers encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will be able to provide personal care and/or homemaking services to elderly and/or disabled clients. Must have own transportation and be sensitive to the needs of the elderly. Some evenings and weekends are necessary. Experience is preferred but not mandatory.
NSCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action organization.
Interested applicants may call 978-531-0767 x129, email email@example.com or apply in person at North Shore Community Action Programs, 119 Rear Foster St., Building 13, Peabody, MA.
“Thank you NSCAP for helping us with temporary shelter, and a permanent place to live.”
NSCAP provides social services that enable low-income families and individuals to obtain the skills and knowledge they need to become economically self-sufficient, civically engaged, and to live in dignity and decency.
119 Rear Foster Street, Building 13
Peabody, MA 01960