Spring into Action features a live and silent auction, buffet dinner, hors d’oeuvres, cash bar and music by jazz/pop/French music trio La Vie en Rose -- all for a great cause! Proceeds benefit North Shore Community Action Programs and its mission to help low-income individuals and families find the stability they need to rise out of poverty.
Come bid to win great silent and live auction items!
- A week’s vacation on a 40-acre estate farm near North Conway
- getaway packages featuring hotel accommodations at the Hawthorne Hotel,
Salem Waterfront Hotel, and Peabody Marriott
- A cocktail party for 8 on West Beach
- restaurants including Woodman’s, The Village, Soma, Finz, Not Your Average Joe’s,
Victoria Station, Legal Seafoods, and Capt’s Waterfront Grill
- Passes to Plimouth Plantation, New England Aquarium, Six Flags, and Salem attractions
- Unique handmade items including children’s sweaters, a quilt, and fleece blankets
- PLUS gift baskets, wine, movies, boutique services, specialty shops, and more!
Tickets are $35 each or a table of 10 for $325. Get your tickets now by clicking "Buy Tickets" or call 978-531-0767 x129.
Thank you to all of the people and organizations whose generosity and hard work made last year's auction fundraiser on May 11th, 2012, such a success.
Click here to see our thank you page.
Help Save Vital Programs for Your Neighbors In Need!
Both the Obama Administration and the House Appropriations Committee have proposed devastating cuts to Community Services Block Grants (CSBG), the central source of funding for Community Action Agencies, including North Shore Community Action Programs.
These cuts would force more than 1,000 Community Action Agencies to slash vital services for local families in need or even to shut their doors.
For 45 years, North Shore residents who are out of work or who are working but not making enough to make ends meet have turned to our community action agency, North Shore Community Action Programs, for help getting back on their feet. In 2010 alone, the agency served 13,585 of the North Shore’s most economically vulnerable residents, including
- 4,464 Peabody residents;
- 4,823 Salem residents;
- 2,200 Beverly residents;
- 811 Danvers residents; and
- 1,287 residents of other North Shore communities
Locally and nationwide, more than 20 million people in need turn to community action agencies each year for help avoiding or escaping homelessness, for fuel assistance to help keep the heat on, for job training and education programs that help them find and keep good paying jobs, and for a variety of other services that help them get back on their feet.
President Obama and Congress need to hear from people in communities across America. We need to let our national leaders know that Community Action is important!
You can help by dOING 3 Simple Things:
1. Sign This Online Petition
- Sign the online petition to save CSBG and Community Action Agencies.
2. Contact Your Elected Officials
- Let them know how important Community Action is in your community.
- President Barak Obama....Email....Phone: 202-456-1111....Fax: 202-456-2461
- Senator Scott Brown.........Email....Phone: 202-224-4543....Fax: 202-224-2417
- Senator John Kerry...........Email....Phone: 202-224-2742....Fax: 202-224-8525
- Click here to select and contact your Representatives.
3. Learn more by:
- Click here to learn more about how you can support Community Action.
Thank you for your support of people in need!