Without the stability of a secure, permanent home, families find themselves adrift. Housing Pathways provides homeless families with critical emergency shelter in apartments, which they occupy until they secure permanent housing. To assist families in achieving stability, we also provide:
- Food, clothing and (when moving to permanent housing) furniture donation referrals.
- Housing search assistance (including transportation) for families to find affordable, permanent housing.
- Case management services to foster a healthy family life and housing stability.
- Referrals to other agencies for education and job training to help parents increase their incomes and move toward self-sufficiency.
- Assistance with budgeting in order to save.
- Mediation, paralegal assistance, and referrals for one year to maintain permanent housing.
Housing Pathways is for families with children and pregnant women who are experiencing homelessness. Placement in the program is dependent on a referral from the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
How to Access
Families seeking emergency housing should go in person to the satellite office of DHCD located at the Department of Transitional Assistance office at 35 Congress Street in Salem.
Contact: Housing Pathways Program Director, Holly Brauner
Call: 978-531-0767 ext 315