By appointment only • IRS-certified volunteers
We provide low- and middle-income taxpayers with free help preparing their taxes and filing for the Earned-Income Tax Credit (EITC), which can amount to thousands of dollars to eligible taxpayers. We are an IRS-certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
You may qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit!
To qualify, your annual income must be less than:
- $46,997 ($52,427 if married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $43,756 ($49,186 if married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $38,511 ($43,941 if married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $14,590 ($20,020 if married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
(Taxpayers with no qualifying children must be between the ages of 25 and 65.)
- If married, couples must file jointly
- All qualifying children must have a valid social security number
- Must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien
Call 978-531-0767 x222 today for an appointment at NSCAP, 119 Rear Foster Street, Bldg. 13.
Peabody appointments offered:
January 26 to April 13
- Mondays......... 2 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays... 2 to 6 p.m.
- January 31.......9 a.m. to Noon
- February 14.... 9 a.m. to Noon
- February 28.... 9 a.m. to Noon
- March 14........ 9 a.m. to Noon
- March 28........ 9 a.m. to Noon
- April 11............9 a.m. to Noon
Call 978-927-1561 x31 for an appointment at:
Beverly Bootstraps, 371 Cabot Street
Beverly appointments offered:
January 27 to April 14
- Tuesdays.............4 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays....... 4 to 7 p.m.
Call 978-825-4014 for an appointment at:
North Shore CDC, 104 Lafayette Street
Salem appointments offered:
February 10 to April 14
- Tuesdays......5 to 9 p.m.
- Thursdays.....2 to 7 p.m.
- Proof of identification (photo ID);
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration;
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number;
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN;
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return;
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers;
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099);
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available (Required if you own your home or are itemizing deductions);
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check;
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-jointly tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms;
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number;
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements;
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable.
Tax services are provided by North Shore Community Action Programs in collaboration with Beverly Bootstraps and North Shore Community Development Coalition. Beverly services are funded by the North Shore United Way.